New and dumb
Komplex 
Hi everybody

After 30 years absent from Analog synths I missed it to much and am back in to the game. Exciting, but also a bit frustrating. Alot of knowledge lost...

How do I sync The Komplex with Abelton? Abelton should control Komplex, just the clock/gate - aleast that is what I would like to achieve. I watched so many youtube tutorials but can't get it working.

Thanks for any advice!

Mike
(06-07-2024, 07:33 PM)Hi Mike,You have several options, I try to describe 3 options I use a lot.1) Use a sample or pulse wave to generate a sync source. Via an output on your sound connect the "sync source" to the clock in on the Complex Sequencer. Start Ableton and the sequencer will run in sync. You can even use the clock in on one of the sequencers and use the clock out from that sequencer and sync the second one using the clock in on the second and so on. Or run eacjh sequencer via an own sync source controlling the "temp". On the website of https:// www dot e-rm dot de there is a download file holding a perfect MULTICLOCK SYNC SAMPLE. You can use any pulse wave source, even a regular native Ableton instrument that outputs a square wave. The advantage of the free download on the e-rm website is that the tempo of the sequencer is in line with Ableton.2) A midi interface connecing your PC or MAC with the midi in on the Sequencer.3) Use the multiclock from E-RM (costly) and has several options to sync: Midi in, Analog in and several outputs. In my studio set up I use this option. The Midi out syncs the Complex Sequencer, my Eurorack gear and an Elektron Machinedrum.Hope this helps (and there are for sure more options to sync).Cheers, Jurgenmfzh Wrote: Hi everybody

After 30 years absent from Analog synths I missed it to much and am back in to the game. Exciting, but also a bit frustrating. Alot of knowledge lost...

How do I sync The Komplex with Abelton? Abelton should control Komplex, just the clock/gate - aleast that is what I would like to achieve. I watched so many youtube tutorials but can't get it working.

Thanks for any advice!

Mike
Komplex 
(06-09-2024, 03:23 AM)SONICrider Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 07:33 PM)Hi Jurgen, thank you! Great help. The multiclock sounds fantastic and it is been made again by floatingpoint instruments. I think I will go for that.Cheers, MikeHi Mike,You have several options, I try to describe 3 options I use a lot.1) Use a sample or pulse wave to generate a sync source. Via an output on your sound connect the "sync source" to the clock in on the Complex Sequencer. Start Ableton and the sequencer will run in sync. You can even use the clock in on one of the sequencers and use the clock out from that sequencer and sync the second one using the clock in on the second and so on. Or run eacjh sequencer via an own sync source controlling the "temp". On the website of https:// www dot e-rm dot de there is a download file holding a perfect MULTICLOCK SYNC SAMPLE. You can use any pulse wave source, even a regular native Ableton instrument that outputs a square wave. The advantage of the free download on the e-rm website is that the tempo of the sequencer is in line with Ableton.2) A midi interface connecing your PC or MAC with the midi in on the Sequencer.3) Use the multiclock from E-RM (costly) and has several options to sync: Midi in, Analog in and several outputs. In my studio set up I use this option. The Midi out syncs the Complex Sequencer, my Eurorack gear and an Elektron Machinedrum.Hope this helps (and there are for sure more options to sync).Cheers, Jurgenmfzh Wrote: Hi everybody

Thanks for any advice!

Mike