KOMA Elektronik Community Forums
FK DC Interface CV/Trigger - Printable Version

+- KOMA Elektronik Community Forums (https://community.koma-elektronik.com)
+-- Forum: KOMA Elektronik Forum (https://community.koma-elektronik.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Main Forum (https://community.koma-elektronik.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: FK DC Interface CV/Trigger (/thread-19.html)

FK DC Interface CV/Trigger - Howll26 - 10-31-2022

Hello folks, 
I am new here. I´ve just recently bought my FK and few days back finally got into trying it and I encountered a problem with my DC Interface and CV/Trigger in particular. I am actually not certain, if the problem is on my side or not. When I tried to use my solenoid and sync the DC with the LFO the red indicator did not show anything. But after a while my solenoid began to heat up, so I thought that maybe there is just problem with trigger, because when I plugged the LFO into the envelope follower, it seemed to work just fine. Could the problem be somewhere inside? Or maybe I did not take into account some factor or I am just stupid as hell. I tried to do it according to some video from youtube like step by step by it did not work anyway. 

Thanks for any tips

RE: FK DC Interface CV/Trigger - chrisi - 11-11-2022

Hey! If you also have a DC motor, can you plug it into the DC interface, flip the switch into PWM mode and just use the Intensity knob to change the speed of the motor?

RE: FK DC Interface CV/Trigger - Howll26 - 11-14-2022

(11-11-2022, 02:42 PM)chrisi Wrote: Hey! If you also have a DC motor, can you plug it into the DC interface, flip the switch into PWM mode and just use the Intensity knob to change the speed of the motor?

Hi. I´ve just tried the DC motor and it seems like everything is working just fine. Motor works and speed control as well.

RE: FK DC Interface CV/Trigger - chrisi - 11-15-2022

And the solenoid too? Try to patch the LFO in a low speed (like a heartbeat or so) into the CV/TRIG input of the DC interface and flip the switch to PULSE

RE: FK DC Interface CV/Trigger - Howll26 - 11-16-2022

(11-15-2022, 11:09 AM)chrisi Wrote: And the solenoid too? Try to patch the LFO in a low speed (like a heartbeat or so) into the CV/TRIG input of the DC interface and flip the switch to PULSE

no, only the motor. when I plug in solenoid nothing happens. Only it heats up. And CV/TRIG indicator isn´t showing the lfo.

RE: FK DC Interface CV/Trigger - chrisi - 11-16-2022

Okay. But the LED works when no CV is plugged and you turn the Intensity knob in PWM setting? Might be that the CV input jack is the culprit.

RE: FK DC Interface CV/Trigger - Howll26 - 11-16-2022

(11-16-2022, 03:27 PM)chrisi Wrote: Okay. But the LED works when no CV is plugged and you turn the Intensity knob in PWM setting? Might be that the CV input jack is the culprit.

No it doesn´t when I use the PWM the LED is not working at all. Didn´t know it should.

RE: FK DC Interface CV/Trigger - chrisi - 11-17-2022

Okay, understood. In this case please get in touch via our support e-mail (scroll all the way down, in orange) and we can figure out the details of repairing / replacing your unit. Thanks!

RE: FK DC Interface CV/Trigger - Howll26 - 11-20-2022

(11-17-2022, 04:29 PM)chrisi Wrote: Okay, understood. In this case please get in touch via our support e-mail (scroll all the way down, in orange) and we can figure out the details of repairing / replacing your unit. Thanks!

Thank you! Will do so.